Our client needed to revise the drink dispensers to confirm to American with disabilities act. They needed a second keypad on the bottom corner it would be accessible from a wheelchair. This keypad would interface to a Windows system as a USB HID keyboard.
This project features
- PCB type capacitive touch.
- Overlay was injection moulded ABS Plastic. The various icons were pad printed to the front fascia of this overlay.
- communicated button press and release information through the USB HID interface similar to a regular keyboard.
- Comes with a HID bootloader for firmware updates.
- Multi button press rejection and a 30 second button press timeout made the keypad resilient to soda splashes.
Have a project idea? Call us +1 (239) 558-8810
When you contact Rapid Keypads you will always speak directly to a design engineer!